Raspberry Pi Type B+
Product Package RPI-B+ Content(s):
1 X Raspberry Pi Model B+
The Model B+ is the higher-spec variant of the Raspberry Pi. It replaced the original Model B in July 2014. Compared to the Model B it has:
- More GPIO. The GPIO header has grown to 40 pins, while retaining the same pinout for the first 26 pins as the Model B.
- More USB. We now have 4 USB 2.0 ports, compared to 2 on the Model B, and better hotplug and overcurrent behaviour.
- Micro SD. The old friction-fit SD card socket has been replaced with a much nicer push-push micro SD version.
- Lower power consumption. By replacing linear regulators with switching ones we’ve reduced power consumption by between 0.5W and 1W
- Neater form factor. We’ve aligned the USB connectors with the board edge, moved composite video onto the 3.5mm jack, and added four squarely-placed mounting holes.
- Better Performance. The Performance and Stability has been proved that it runs much faster in terms of processing and control. We recommend the Model B+ for use in schools & university: it offers more flexibility for learners than the leaner Model A, which is more useful for embedded projects and projects which require very low power, and has more USB ports than the Model B.
Highly recommended in Schools and at University for small - Medium Projects. Available on Backorder